Ack! Thirty-eight new urban fantasies/paranormal romances hit the shelves this month. The list is below, along with release date and publisher, but for a full preview with plot summaries, check out my blog over at Tor.com, Fiction Affliction. I’ll be chasing down the books by Kalayna Price, Jim Butcher, Mike Shevdon, Cat Adams, Lena Meydan, Richard Kadrey, JR Ward, Ben Tripp and Rachel Vincent. And I will be so, so, sadly broke. What’s tempting to you this month?
On the Wizards, Witches & Faerie Shelf:
* Bayou Moon, by Ilona Andrews (Sept. 28, Ace).
* Double Cross, by Carolyn Crane (Sept. 28, Spectra).
* Afterlife: The Resurrection Chronicles, by Merrie Destefano (Sept. 28, Eos).
* Venom, by Jennifer Estep (Sept. 28, Pocket).
* Poison Kissed, by Erica Hayes (Sept. 28, St. Martin’s).
* Grave Witch, by Kalayna Price (Oct. 5, Roc).
* Entice Me at Twilight, by Shayla Black (Oct. 26, Pocket).
* Side Jobs: Stories from the Dresden Files, by Jim Butcher (Oct. 26, Roc).
* Harvest Hunting, by Yasmine Galenorn (Oct. 26, Jove).
* Trio of Sorcery, by Mercedes Lackey (Oct. 26, Tor).
* Vampire Uprising, by Marcus Pelegrimas (Oct. 26, Eos).
* Road to Bedlam, by Mike Shevdon (Oct. 26, Angry Robot).
* Shotgun Sorceress, by Lucy A. Snyder (Oct. 26, Del Rey).
On the Shelf of the Blood-Consuming Undead:
* Haunted Honeymoon, by Marta Acosta (Sept. 28, Gallery).
* Siren Song, by Cat Adams (Sept. 28, Tor).
* Everlasting Desire, by Amanda Ashley (Sept. 28, Kensington/Zebra).
* Twilight Forever Rising, by Lena Meydan (Sept. 28, Tor).
* Jane and the Damned, by Janet Mullany (Sept. 28, Avon).
* Memories of Envy, by Barb Hendee (Oct. 5, Roc).
* Eternal Hunger, by Laura Wright (Oct. 5, Signet).
* Blood Heat, by Maria Lima (Oct. 26, Pocket).
On the Hellspawned Demons and Rogue Angels Shelf:
* When Pleasure Rules, by J.K. Beck (Sept. 28, Bantam); and
* When Wicked Craves, by J.K. Beck (Oct. 26, Bantam).
* Mr. Monster, by Dan Wells (Sept. 28, Tor).
* Something Wicked, by Michelle Rowen (Oct. 1, Berkeley).
* Sins of the Flesh, by Eve Silver (Oct. 1, HQN).
* Kill the Dead, by Richard Kadrey (Oct. 5, Eos).
* Crave, by J.R. Ward (Oct. 5, Signet).
* Blood Trinity, by Sherrilyn Kenyon and Dianna Love (Oct. 19, Pocket).
* Highborn, by Yvonne Navarro (Oct. 26, Juno).
On the Zombie Shelf:
* Monster Hunter Vendetta, by Larry Correia (Sept. 28, Baen).
* Rise Again: A Zombie Thriller, by Ben Tripp (Oct. 26, Gallery).
On the Shelf of the Shifting Weres:
* Left for Undead, by L.A. Banks (Sept. 28, St. Martin’s).
* Eat, Prey, Love, by Kerrelyn Sparks (Sept. 28, Avon).
* Alpha, by Rachel Vincent (Oct. 1, Mira).
Also: Three anthologies or novella collections.