Thanks to author Ciara Knight for passing along the Stylish Blogger Award, which means I have to share seven things about me I’ll actually admit to:
1. I have lived in five states: Alabama (Winfield, Tuscaloosa, Auburn); Illinois (Champaign-Urbana); Texas (Houston); California (San Diego); and Louisiana (New Orleans), but consider New Orleans home.
2. I have two dogs, both of whom were named after professional wrestlers in an unfortunate phase I was going through a decade or so ago.
3. I am a professional insomniac.
4. I never saw the big deal about Elvis.
5. I’m a music junkie. Latest obsession: Gurf Morlix (kind of alt. folk with a wicked sense of humor).
6. I can quote large chunks of dialogue from “Gone With the Wind.”
7. I drive a nine-year-old Nissan X-Terra, which I bought because it has the highest ground clearance of anything I could find besides a pickup–I’ve had two cars drown in floodwaters. I don’t anticipate ever being able to afford another car. *sighs*
That’s it! Come back tomorrow, when I’ll have another Reader’s Choice giveaway and roundup of the new books coming out this week–there are so many, I’l be spreading it over two days with two giveaways! Also coming up this week: a Q&A with my agent, Marlene Stringer, with some interesting insights on things like what’s hot, how digital publishing is changing the industry, and what she thinks of the YA craze. Plus a retro review and more!