Hey, if Oprah can do it, why can’t we?
So, here’s the idea. Friday will be Preternatura Book Club day. Each Friday, I’ll talk in some depth about what’s happening in two chapters of our chosen book, then we can chat about what we’ve read. There will be spoilers, so read along if the book is new to you–unless you don’t mind spoilers. It’ll take a while to get through a book, and we might decide to speed it up, but for now let’s say two chapters a week.
For the first book, I thought we could start with something a lot of us are familiar with but don’t mind revisiting–that way, if you don’t have time to read along, you can still drop in and join the discussion. But I want you guys to choose which one you want to read. If it’s the first book in a series, we’ll see how it’s working and decide if we want to continue with the series or move to something different. So, here are some choices. Comment and tell me what sounds fun:
1. The first Black Dagger Brotherhood novel, Dark Lover, by JR Ward
2. The first Sookie Stackhouse novel, Dead Until Dark, by Charlaine Harris (and we can compare notes with what happened on “True Blood” as well)
3. The first Mercy Thompson novel, Moon Called, by Patricia Briggs
4. The first Harry Dresden novel, Storm Front, by Jim Butcher
5. The first Hollows novel, Dead Witch Walking, by Kim Harrison
6. The first Kitty Norville novel, Kitty and the Midnight Hour, by Carrie Vaughn
I’ll take votes through the week and make the announcement on Friday as to which book we’ll be reading, and when we’ll start. This could either be lots of fun or a total flop, but let’s give it a try!