I’m behind on my reading and drowning in books….and you know what that means–time to clean house with a five-book giveaway! It’s also the last day to get your entries in to win my gently used Kindle Wi-Fi. Read on…
Here’s the game: Match the five first sentences of these novels with the title/author, and post in a comment. I’ll choose one set of correct answers (cheating is always acceptable–LOL) to win the five books. Plus, you’ll be entered to win my Kindle. For three additional Kindle entries, make sure you’re a blog follower, follow me on Twitter @Suzanne_Johnson, and Tweet or RT the contest. (But for the book prize, all you have to do is comment.)
So….here goes. We have a great combination of fantasy and urban fantasy today. (Note: if there’s a prologue, the opening sentences are from chapter one, not the prologue.)
1. “The vineyards were dying. Overripe grapes lay rotting on the ground fermenting in their own juices, leaking their sugars into the earth.”
2. “Caro dreamed of blood and teeth. She skidded across the icy field, glancing over her shoulder every few seconds at the wild dogs.”
3. “Given enough time, anything can become familiar enough to be ignored. Even pain.”
4. “He had never seen a sight so beautiful as Paris under flame. It was dusk, and the smoke lay across the low sun in a long stripe of black like the tail of a dragon, its head dipping to a mouth of fire on the river island town.”
5. “I sat among the late autumn-blooming clover amid a sloping grave-meadow and picked at my memories as if they were old scars. Fat, slow, red-bodied bees bumbled about me as they passed through scattered shafts of sunlight limning the damp, chilly air.”
Match with the proper book:
So, mix and match…play for the prize…and go for the Kindle!
I’ll do regular book prize drawings on Sunday, but will draw for the Kindle sometime on Saturday so don’t put it off!