Please join me in a special Friday post, welcoming author Paula Millhouse to the blog. (And it’s a fun post!) Paula’s the author of the Kingdom of Chalvaren romances, published by the Boroughs Publishing Group. A prequel, Dragonstone, came out this past May.
Paula grew up in Savannah, Georgia, where Spanish moss whispers tales in breezes from the Atlantic Ocean and the Intracoastal Waterway. As a child Paula soaked in the sunshine and heritage of cobblestones, pirate lore, and stories steeped in savory mysteries of the south. She’s a member of Romance Writers of America, the Fantasy, Futuristic, & Paranormal chapter, the Mystery/Suspense chapter (Kiss of Death), and a member of Savvy Authors. In the southern tradition of storytellers, she loves sharing the lives of her characters with readers, and following her muse on the quest for happily-ever-afters in thrilling romantic fiction. She lives with her husband at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains with their pack and pride of furry babies.
The Fictional Characters I’m inviting to my Ultimate Halloween PartyPaula Millhouse
We all have our favorites. Here’s a sneak-peek of who’s on my Halloween Party invitation list this year, and why:
1. Edward Cullen and his crew, cuz you know, they make vampires and werewolves look sexy.
2. Lillian Holmes and George Orleans from Ciar Cullen’s novel Lillian Holmes and The Leaping Man. These awesome vampires can show off their skills for partygoers.
3. Beast, from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, because he’s just so much fun to look at. Besides, we’ll need a bouncer, right?
4. Andre Maras, the lead vampire from Amber Belldene’s novel Blood Vine. I figure Andre and Zoey
Porter would be fun at a party, especially if they were pouring the wine.
5. Tony Stark, from Iron Man. Who doesn’t want to attend a party where Tony’s flash and dazzle will light up the venue?
6. OK, ALL the Avengers! Bound to make for interesting party conversation.
7. Michael McKnight and Abigail O’Malley from my short story Three Wishes. Word on the street is they’ve got a fairy dance troupe following them around that’s bound to please Halloween crowds. Dancing is a must at my outrageous party.
8. The current Dr. Who, because I love his English accent and he can stage the Tardis outside for time-travel fun rides.
9. Chewbacca. He can bounce with the Beast just in case the vampires and the Avengers take issue with the party favors.
10. And last but definitely not least, Hiccup and Toothless from How To Train Your Dragon, & Kort and Mia and their dragonlet Magnus from my Lunchbox Romance Dragonstone. I’ll stage them next to Dr. Who and the Tardis for partygoers who want to stay in this realm and take a dragon ride. (Honestly I don’t know how the two dragons will interact – we may need dragon wranglers. Who could volunteer?)
How about you? Which favorite fantasy characters would you add to our list for the Ultimate Halloween Party?
Hmm….I’m going to have to think about this one. Rhage and Vishous would make the top of my list, but I think they’d misbehave horribly. Rachel might bring Al, and that could be dangerous. Besides, Rachel trails chaos wherever she goes….yep, gonna have to think on this one. (Absolutely NO Twilight characters allowed for me, though! No sparkling at my party.)
Leave a comment to be entered for your chance to win a digital copy of Dragonstone! Because I have a feeling Paula’s elves bear absolutely no resemblance to mine (you really don’t want to have mine to your party).