Please join me in welcoming author Natalie J. Damschroder to Preternatura today. Natalie is dropping by as part of her virtual book tour celebrating her latest release, Sunroper. Sunroper was released on December 31 by Entangled Publishing and is the third book in her Goddesses Rising series.
Natalie writes high-stakes romantic adventure, sometimes with a paranormal bent. She’s published ten novels, seven novellas, and fourteen short stories, many of them exploring magical abilities, but all with a romantic core. She currently lives in Pennsylvania with her perfect partner of a husband and two amazing daughters. You can learn more about Natalie by visiting her website, on facebook or by following her on twitter.
ABOUT SUNROPER: Marley Canton is done being a victim. A year and a half has passed since she discovered her ability to nullify power in those who aren’t supposed to have it. She’s now on a quest not only to stop the brats who’ve become addicted to goddess power, but also to find the source of their addiction. Like Marley, Gage Samargo is tracking down the goddess who went rogue decades ago. Insane with too much power from the sun, she’s selling that energy to Gage’s younger brother and his friends, who are no longer content to come into power naturally. While they work to find a way to neutralize the goddess, Marley discovers that every time she nullifies someone, she takes on some of the goddess’s insanity. Gage falls for Marley’s sharp wit and intense desire to right wrongs. But once he discovers she’s turning into her enemy, is it too late to back away?
And now, let’s hear from Natalie…
5 Rules for Goddesses
From the Goddess Society of Education and Defense newsletter
Being a goddess has always been a bit dangerous. We have enjoyed a period of comfort for several years, where any danger of a non-personal sort has been minimal. Recently, however, new threats have arisen that threaten our livelihoods, our physical safety, and our sisterhood.
Protection is a complex and multi-layered endeavor, and you may rest assured that your governing board is doing everything in its power to strengthen that protection. However, none of us has the luxury of complacence. The following are ten “rules” (more like guidelines) to help you live your normal lives with a little extra vigilance.
1. If you use your abilities for commercial purposes, vet your clients carefully. Verify claimed referrals, perform background checks, and conduct business in public arenas if possible. (It is beneficial to have an extremely competent assistant who is 6 foot 4).
2. Utilize the Protectorate. Traditionally, protectors have only been dispatched when a goddess is under some type of threat and unable to access the source of their power. These restrictions have been relaxed somewhat, and protectors are available on a case-by-case basis, subject to availability. (Please note that Nick Jarrett, newly appointed leader of the Protectorate, will not be available for personal protection.)
3. Take self-defense classes. The Protectorate and a team of goddesses who excel at using their abilities physically are available for lessons to those of you who have not seen a need to develop these skills. (Using telekinesis to simply heave large objects at an attacker is ineffective and can drain your stored energy too quickly.)
4. Be wary of subtle tactics. Remember that not all of your fellow goddesses who were leeched of their power were attacked directly. Charm, flattery, and manipulation of true emotions are insidious methods often used to great effect. (Leeches, by historical definition, must be male and descendants of goddesses. But this in no way mitigates the possible threat by females or non-descendant males.)
5. Additional information may be obtained by calling the Society office directly, or by reading the following publications written by Natalie J. Damschroder: Under the Moon, Heavy Metal and Sunroper.
Leave a comment and then enter below for your chance to win a $25 Gift Card to Spa Finder and trilogy book charms.