We have a double post today, so be sure and scroll down for another treat!
Please join me in welcoming author Marina Myles to Preternatura. Marina is stopping by today as part of her virtual book tour celebrating the release of her latest book, A Warlock’s Dance. A Warlock’s Dance was published on May 1st by Kensington and is the third book in Marina’s The Cursed Princes series.
Although Marina Myles lives under the sunny skies of Arizona, she would reside in a historic manor house in foggy England if she had her way. Her love of books began as soon as she read her first fairy tale, and grew by leaps and bounds when she discovered Nancy Drew/Agatha Christie mysteries and rich, historical romances. Dreaming of becoming a published author, she wrote her first ‘gothic’ story at age eleven. She went on to study creative writing at Southern Methodist University— where she received degrees in Communications and English Literature. During her time in Dallas, she had the unique experience of being a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. Now with her loyal Maltese close by, she relishes the hours she gets to escape into worlds filled with tortured heroes, strong heroines, and their fiery—but not easily attained—love affairs. She’s busy being a wife (to her Italian-born husband) and a mother (to her two beautiful daughters), but she is never too busy to hear from her amazing readers. You can learn more about Marina by visiting her website, her blog, on Facebook or by following her on Twitter.
ABOUT A WARLOCK’S DANCE: Encore, Please. Giselle Swenov is a radiant opera star whose beauty is second only to her voice. That is, until a jealous enchantress strips away her talent and looks, transforms her into a mute and haggard old woman, and forces her to leave the man of her dreams at the altar on their wedding day. Now there’s only one person able to reverse the spell: Giselle’s warlock ex-fiancé, Lucian Ivanu. But three years have passed, and the ever-dashing Lucian seems to have moved on―he’s inherited a vast fortune, forsaken his scandalous powers, and is even set to marry again. Will he recognize his former flame when she shows up at his engagement party and begs for help? Can she recover the powerful magic ring needed to break the curse before it’s too late? Giselle’s plight has a darker twist as she discovers just how far the enchantress’s grasp reaches…
And now, let’s hear from Marina…
5 FACTS ABOUT MY BOOK THAT MIGHT SURPRISE YOU
1. This is my first short story ever! My agent and I decided to pitch the idea of a novella that would release in between SNOW WHITE AND THE VAMPIRE and SLEEPING BEAUTY AND THE DEMON (coming August 7). My editor liked the idea and off I went. For an author that only wrote novel-length books up ’til that point, it was a challenge! Fortunately, I got good advice: a fellow writer told me to plunge right into action on the first page. Hence, my heroine becomes cursed in the first chapter.
2. I patterned my heroine, Giselle, after all the beautiful opera singers I’ve seen perform. My husband and I are quite the opera buffs and my eldest daughter is a classically singer, so I thought the glamour of the opera would provide the perfect backdrop to this magical story.
3. While I was writing A WARLOCK’S DANCE, I came across so many odd definitions of a warlock. From evil demons to half-animal versions, I was getting a little dismayed. Could I actually create a handsome, semi-normal warlock? My warlock, Lucian Ivanu is disarmingly charming, averse to using magic, and a bit rusty at using his dark powers. I hope you like the definition I’ve gone with!
4. This is my favorite cover yet!! I’ve gotten phenomenal feedback on it because I think people like the idea that the model’s face is hidden. (or that his head is chopped off, as one reader put it!). It leaves a lot to the imagination. Another reason I think people love it is the model’s incredible abs!
5. I’ve set A WARLOCK’S DANCE in Romania since it’s one country I’ve always wanted to visit. I love the idea of dark castles, winding country roads, and the possibility of Gypsy magic. I really hope I get to visit Romania someday. Seeing it in person would definitely give me inspiration for more books!
You can purchase a copy of A Warlock’s Dance by clicking on one of the following:
Thanks, Marina. There is a tourwide giveaway of 20 Free Downloads–ePub Form only– from eKensington website. (U.S. residents only). If you would like to be entered for your chance to win, leave a comment and then enter below.