*Throws confetti* The new baby has arrived!
That was the longest gestation period in the history of the novel, yes? But the book has finally been unleashed on the world. Again, a huge THANK YOU to those of you who preordered the book. I hope it arrives safely in your hands today and you enjoy the long-awaited read. Please talk the book up to your friends and fellow readers (and local librarians) so we can keep DJ and the gang’s story going!
Here are a few of my reflections on the book and the series, admittedly coming from a place where I know what’s going to happen next:
- A reader new to the series could skip Royal Street and River Road and start with Elysian Fields and still make sense of Pirate’s Alley. I think it would be hard to start with Pirate’s Alley first since it picks up just a couple of weeks after Elysian Fields, which began a huge multi-book storyline. Book five, Belle Chasse, starts about two minutes after the end of Pirate’s Alley!
- Nope, I don’t have a release date on Belle Chasse yet. If I had to guess, it would be spring 2016, but maybe my publisher will surprise us.
- I figure some folks will be disappointed that DJ and Alex are still butting heads in the new book, but given their personalities, it’s almost inevitable. Still, they are maturing a lot in trying to make things work between them, especially on DJ’s part.
- Jean Lafitte made me cry in the middle and Alex made me cry at the end. In my own defense, I’ll admit I was really exhausted.
- DJ gets pushed to her limit in this book in order to force her off the fence in terms of the preternatural divisions that are occurring. Alex gets off easy, but his time for soul-searching is coming in Belle Chasse. Oh yes, indeed it is.
- Faeries are crazy. Vampires are nasty. Elves are possibly evil and definitely devious. Mermen are sexy. Andouille is tasty.
Now, go and enter all the contests at today’s blog tour stops. You can enter at every stop to increase your chances of winning the tour prizes:
http://sharemydestiny.blogspot.com/. This is a spotlight stop, so you don’t have to comment; just use the Rafflecopter form.
http://doctorsnotes-shy.com/. This was scheduled as a review stop, so comments are appreciated and welcomed. Fill in the Rafflecopter form to enter.
See you tomorrow!