Please join me in extending a warm welcome to author Adele Downs. Adele is dropping by as part of her virtual book tour celebrating the release of her latest book, Lip Service. Lip Service was published on April 27 by Boroughs Publishing Group.
Adele Downs writes Contemporary Romance inside the office of her rural Pennsylvania home. She is a former journalist, published in newspapers and magazines in the USA, UK and Caribbean. Adele is an active member of Romance Writers of America and her local RWA chapter where she serves as past-president. She has written several articles for RWR magazine (Romance Writers Report), and she has presented workshops for writers. When Adele isn’t working on her current project, she can be found riding in her convertible or reading a book on the nearest beach. You can learn more about Adele by visiting her website, on Facebook and by following her on Twitter.
ABOUT LIP SERVICE: Some ghosts won’t take “yes” for an answer. Jack Harris has loved Legs Anderson since they were kids. Now that he has her in his bed, he has no intention of letting her go. Aunt Ada has other ideas, even from the grave. GETTING BETWEEN JACK… Orphaned at a young age, Legs Anderson owes her Aunt Ada everything. The stoic old lady raised her, and Ada’s warnings about men—and the Harris boys in particular—have stuck, even after her death. Of course, that could be because Ada stuck around, too. …AND HIS LEGS Patience is not one of Jack Harris’s virtues, and he’s waited too long to start a life with the woman he’s loved since childhood instead of them just knocking boots. Now Ada is interfering from beyond the grave, haunting the old Victorian house she bequeathed to her niece and reinforcing Legs’s fears of commitment. But Jack won’t give up. No matter what trouble may follow, the house will be renovated, Ada will learn to let go, Legs will put her money where her mouth is…and then Jack’ll put his lips everywhere else.
And now, let’s hear from Adele…
Top Ten Favorite Ghost Stories (Books or Movies)
LIP SERVICE by Adele Downs
1. The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
2. The Haunting (Original movie, starring Jill Harris & Claire Bloom, 1963. Based on the novel.)
3. The Shining by Stephen King
4. Ghosts of The Valley by Adi-Kent Thomas Jeffrey (Ghosts in Pennsylvania.)
5. More Ghosts of The Valley by Adi-Kent Thomas Jeffrey (Ghosts in Pennsylvania.)
6. Ghost (Movie starring Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze, 1990.)
7. Field of Dreams (Movie starring Kevin Costner, 1989.)
8. ParaNorman (Movie, Animated, 2012)
9. Poltergeist (Movie starring Craig T. Nelson and JoBeth Williams, 1982.)
10. Practical Magic (Movie starring Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman,1998)
In association with Adele’s virtual book tour, there is a tour wide giveaway with prizes that include:
2 ecopies of Naturally Yours
2 ecopies of Kissing Her Cowboy
1 Linen Tea Towel with a saying meant especially for readers
1 $10 Amazon Gift Card
In order to be entered for your chance to win, you must leave a comment (with maybe your own favorite ghost story or movie) and then enter using the link below: