Today, please join me in extending a warm Preternatura welcome to author Nina Croft. Nina is stopping by today as part of her virtual book tour celebrating the release of her most recent book, Operation Saving Daniel. Operation Saving Daniel was published on November 25thby Entangled Covet, but I first “met” her when I copyedited Break Out, the first book in her Blood Hunter series. Rico is one sexy, makes me laugh out loud, vampire!
- Vampires were my first paranormal love. I fell for them at an early and very impressionable age after reading Anne Rice’s Interview With a Vampire, and I’m still a little in love with Lestat all these years later.
- I’ve always loved a bad boy hero and for me, vampires are the ultimate bad boys. Even when they are good guys, there is always a hint of darkness.
- Being a vampire allows them to get away with behaviour that wouldn’t be acceptable in a human. Vamps are expected to be a little bit bad, or maybe a lot bad. And that makes it all the more impressive when they overcome their evil instincts and do the good thing.
- They get to live forever. Well, providing someone doesn’t come along and stake them or leave them in the sun. I’ve always been fascinated by the idea of immortality and many of my books explore people’s attitudes to death and how they might be changed if death was no longer inevitable.
- Following on from the whole living forever thing–many vampire heroes and heroines are old. They’ve seen things, lived through earlier times, tried different experiences…they’re interesting. And just think about all the practice they must have gotten; they’re probably really good at everything.
- And along with living forever, they never grow old. No grey hair and wrinkly bits for vampires.
- Vampires are loners. I’ve always been a bit of a loner myself, so I’m drawn to writing about them, exploring what makes them tick.
- Drinking blood and the whole fang thing. I’m not sure I’d like to do this myself, but all the same there is definitely something sexy about the biting. Weird but sexy. Also there’s something strangely intimate and trusting about offering your neck to a predator.
- Creatures of the night… Night time is sexy. The dark is scary.
- They’re gorgeous. Well, I don’t suppose they have to be, but it’s like an unwritten rule, at least for paranormal romance. (And for me that’s one of the great things about writing speculative fiction–you get to make up the rules.)
- Finally, they have it in their power to make you just like them.
As part of her virtual book tour, Nina is giving away a $25 Amazon gift card. Leave a comment and enter below for your chance to win! Because you know we love our vampires and shifters here at Preternatura.
a Rafflecopter giveaway